CUPS DOENST LOAD AT ALL

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Mar 7 05:08:50 PST 2005

Im completley confused. When upgrading to kernal 2.6.10 on FC3, everything workedfine but when the system is booting and reaches the cups script the system freezes and the only thing i can do is un plugit & start again.

I managed to boot the system into single user mode and remove the link to cups so that i can load the system in runlevel 5.

but now obviousley i cant print and trying toload a printer either from the command prompt or using the desktop menus freezes the system and i have to un plug and start again(very anoying)...

this also happens when loading /usr/sbin/cupsd

can anybody please help because if i have to unplug my system one more time im going to throw it out of a window. :)