Debugging the filters in the cups

Soju_Varghese Soju_Varghese at satyam.com
Fri Mar 11 02:52:26 PST 2005

Hi list.

 I am doing dot matrix printer driver for Linux. I am using the existing
Epson 9 pin filter driver as the base.

For debugging this particular file I am using gdb  by adding  the -ggdb in
the makedef  file using gdb.

I am able to see the code and also put the breakpoints in the code through
gdb. But while running the

Code, it is never breaking in any location.

For eg. If I am putting the breakpoint in the rastertopeson.c   and print a
document it won't break in the

rastertoepson code. It starts directly printing using the printer. Can
anyone please tell how

 can I debug the rastertoepson. I know putting the printf statements and
redirecting the documents to be printed to

the file works. But it  is a tedious process. Is there any way I can debug
filter driver dynamically( on the fly)

Thanks and Regards

Soju

is appreciated.