libxpdf.a

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Mar 17 04:21:12 PST 2005

Anonymous wrote:

> > Has anyone had a problem with libxpdf.a in the pdftops directory of CUPS-1.1.23?
> >
> > What are some fixes?
>
> I can't suggest a fix, but I have also had issues with libxpdf.a during compiles.
>
> I'm compiling on a Solaris 9 box and I get the following error during make:
>
> ar: writing libxpdf.a
> internal error: error_message(58)
> make[1]: *** [libxpdf.a] Error 100
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> I get no core file, and I'm using the compiling directive:
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/cups-1.1.23
>
> Cheers

No fix, but some remarks. I recently compiled CUPS-1.1.19, and I think
the xpdf stuff
hasn't changed too much in between. It might be an issue of the c++
compiler you are
using (the pdftops stuff is - with the exception of one single module -
c++). I used
gcc 3.4.2 (the binary package from sunfreeware.com) and - until now -
had no problems
whatsoever.

Helge

--