[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1170: Unable to print landscape mode from

Hugh Caley hcaley at plasmabat.com
Fri May 6 05:02:51 PDT 2005

[STR New]

I am unable to print landscape from MacOSX to a printer served by CUPS if I
do not load the printer locally, but instead use the ServerName field in
client.conf and BrowsePoll in cupsd.conf to get my printer list.

MacOSX 10.3 and 10.4, server is a Linux box (RedHat 8) running CUPS
1.1.17.

The text seems to be formatted for landscape, but is still printed
portrait.

Our Linux machines can print landscape properly using this method.  If I
manually create the printer on my MacOSX machine it prints properly.

I had a discussion with Helge Blischke about this on the message board,
and he believes that CUPS is ignoring the portrait/landscape information
in the PDF file the Mac generates (unlike the Linux machines which
generate postscript).

http://cups.org/newsgroups.php?gcups.general+v:20565