[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1175: Printer display gives

Patrick McTiernan patrick.mctiernan at zarlink.com
Mon May 9 13:16:59 PDT 2005

[STR New]

As a non-administrator, When I list printers via the standard
URL http://our_print_server:631/printers, I cannot see the following:
- what paper size the queue defaults to
- items in the print queue
- duplexing capabilities
- colour printing
- paper sizes
- allowed media

I am sure there are many other items which a user needs to know for
particular printers. Basically, the GUI is aimed exclusively at
administrators. It does not answer the questions of users other than
administrators, especially the most common ones, and I cannot see
why not.
This was prompted recently by a situation where some printers had been
configured with the wrong default paper size, and finding out which
printers had which settings proved very awkward.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1175
Version: 1.2-feature