Printing many files together

cups at coutiere.com cups at coutiere.com
Tue May 10 10:44:36 PDT 2005

Hi,
I quite often need to print many files on a shared printer.
As a consequence, my files are printed among others', which is a mess.

Question: how to print many files in 1 job?
There is the "PrintFiles" command, which is supposed to create 1 job with many files, but it has 2 drawbacks:
- files must be managed by 1 application (which will send the PrintFiles command)
- it creates a long network peak when sending all the files (instead of small peaks when sending each file one after the other).

A print can also be suspended.

So why not create a system where a PC would:
- send many "PrintLater(file)" commands, which would put the files on the printer's server, ready to be printed
- send a "flush" command where all its files would be printed in a row.

Does this already exist?
Is this realistic?

Thanks!
CharlieEcho