[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1177: 'str.php' website weaknesses: search

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue May 10 13:23:03 PDT 2005

[STR New]

Sorry for this sounding nit-picking; I do not intend to be annoying you. It
is just that this prevents me from being more useful for CUPS support....

The 'Software Trouble Report' website section could use some improvement
on the following fields:

 * search for keywords
 * listing/sorting order of results

I wanted to search for some previous STR submitted by myself, but couldnt
find them by search for my names (first name, family name or nickname).
However, the search for "mike" returned 1003 hits. (However, it was
unclear to me what the ordering criteria for the listed result was). Was
it "last updated"? Was it "ID"? No, because it didnt look so.

For maximum number of results I had used the "Dont care" flag for all
fields.

Also, the searching for some other keywords failed, or returned far less
results than I expected. (F.e. I can not believe that there are only 3
STRs which contain the word "ghostscript".)

Another thing is that one cannot easily control the sorting of results.
One very basic thing I'd appreciate to see is if I could just get a
sorting according to "ID", so that the looking up for the "latest" STRs is
more easy. As I experience now, leaving the "Search Words" field empty,
using the "Dont care" flag for all fields, and the "Show all" dropdown,
lists STRs in this order:
 1176,
 1171,
 1175,