Can CUPS provides a UI plugin for each printer setting page?

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Wed May 11 14:48:00 PDT 2005

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I'm curious on how CUPS would implement such feature.

As you may have already known, foomatic-rip support arbitary string value and password.
*OpenUI *ICM/ICM Color Profile: PickOne
*FoomaticRIPOption ICM: string CmdLine A
*FoomaticRIPOptionPrototype ICM: "-G%s "
*FoomaticRIPOptionMaxLength ICM: 127
*OrderDependency:
DefaultICM
(detailed information in README file of foomatic-db-engine)

Is it possible for CUPS webGUI to recognize though settings? So, CUPS 1.1 user can enjoy the feature through commandline, while CUPS 1.2 user can do it both using command line and GUI.

Best Regards
Yue