[cups.development] IPP message parser finalized

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Sat May 14 07:31:07 PDT 2005

Hi there,

for people (like me) who want to parse CUPS' IPP message files
like /var/spool/cups/c????? (where ????? is the job id), I'm pleased
to announce that I've updated my Python parser.

you can grab it from :

  http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/ipp.py

Usage :

        1 - save this file

        2 - type :

          $ python ipp.py /var/spool/cups/c00412

          an optional --debug command line argument is accepted
          as the last argument :

          $ python ipp.py /var/spool/cups/c00412 --debug

As an alternative, you can import this Python module into your own
applications, and use its API : see the IPPMessage class' docstring
for how to do, or simply read the last lines of ipp.py

List of changes :

  - the parsed attributes are now properly put into the
    operation_attributes, job_attributes, and printer_attributes
    attributes of the IPPMessage class instances.

  - the integer and enum attributes are now properly decoded, in
    addition to string attributes.

hoping you'll like this.

comments are welcome !

bye