[cups.development] Interface Version for CUPS 1.2

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Nov 13 14:51:45 PST 2005

Taj Morton wrote:
> On 11/13/05, Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> wrote:
>> Taj Morton wrote:
>>> CUPS 1.1.x had a DSO of something other than 2.0? What version? I have
>>> cups-1.1.23-i486-1, and it installed /usr/lib/libcups.so.2.
>> We only install using the major version number; internally we add the
>> ABI version on platforms that support it.
> Is there some way I can detect what ABI is actually installed?

Normally we recommend simply detecting specific functions you require.

Here is a quick breakdown based on function and CUPS version for
libcups.so.2:

     CUPS      ABI  Function
     --------  ---  --------------------
     1.1.0     2.0  cupsGetDests
     1.1.3     2.2  cupsEncodeOptions
     1.1.6     2.3  cupsTempFd
     1.1.8     2.4  httpConnectEncrypt
     1.1.20    2.5  cupsDoFileRequest2
     1.1.21    2.6  httpSeparate2
     1.2.0     2.7  httpSeparateURI

For libcupsimage.so.2:

     CUPS      ABI  Function
     1.1.0     2.0  cupsRasterOpen
     1.1.15    2.1  N/A (version bumped for CMYK image support)
     1.2.0     2.2  cupsRasterReadHeader2