[cups.development] Interface Version for CUPS 1.2

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Nov 15 05:00:50 PST 2005

Taj Morton wrote:
> On 11/14/05, Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> wrote:
>> cupsDoFileRequest2 was introduced in 1.1.20, so naturally it will
>> be in 1.1.23.
> $ nm -D /usr/lib/libcups.so.2 |grep cupsDoFileRequest2
> $
> $ grep cupsDoFileRequest2 /usr/include/cups/*
> $
> $ ls /var/log/packages/cups*
> /var/log/packages/cups-1.1.23-i486-1
>
> It's not available. Any ideas?

Hmm, I dunno.  Use cupsDoAuthentication for the check (you can see
the API progressions in the header files, BTW...)

>> No, not really, and the image APIs (which was what were changed)
>> are private prior to 1.2 anyways.
> Is there some sort of test app I could run to see if CMYK is available?

Again, no.  The CMYK support I am talking about was to add CMYK
image file support to the image filters, and as I said the image
APIs are private in CUPS 1.1.x (thus, from an application-standpoint,
there is no difference between libcupsimage 2.0 and 2.1.