[cups.development] Re: [RFE] STR #1327: Please add recommended drivers for some lexmark printers

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 18 05:10:38 PST 2005

Hi Michael!

Sorry for not replying on the web site, I could not figure out how to
do that.

Michael Sweet [2005-10-21 16:48 -0400]:

> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> This isn't our call - Lexmark can include the PPD files for these printers
> simply by submitting them on the drivers page, or provide the PPD files
> with a copyright statement that allows for redistribution so someone else
> can put them up on the site...
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1327
> Version:  -feature
> Fix Version: Will Not Fix

But the request was not about adding any new PPD files. The existing
PPD files work fine for the additonal printers I mentioned. The
request was about mentioning these printer models as supported and
assign them to the already existing PPD files, so that newbies do not
have to randomly try other models until it works.

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?