[CRIT] STR #1285: PS-Files generated by windowshave trailing ^M

Stefan Hildenbrand stefan.hildenbrand at uni-bayreuth.de
Wed Oct 5 08:33:39 PDT 2005

Hi,

you find the buggy (?) PS-File at :

http://www.staff.uni-bayreuth.de/~btat09/problem.ps

The printer error page is as follows:

ERROR: typecheck
OFFENDING COMMAND: setlinejoin

STACK:

-dictionary-
/Pscript_WinNT_Full

To get more details, I installed a similar configuration (samba 3.0.14 & cups, this time the svn-version) on a different machine - from scratch.
I used the laserjet.ppd -- and printing worked (however, in this case I
     can not set too many printer properties

with my other (problem) .ppd -- it did not work
with the ppd from linuxprinting.org it did not work at first, but after
  manipulating  the original ppd w/
*cupsVersion:   1.1
*cupsManualCopies: False
*cupsFilter:    "application/vnd.cups-raster 0 rastertohp"
*cupsModelNumber: 0
     it works.

So it seems to me that
  I) the ppd-file we used has some problems
 II) I could get a workaround with filtering to cups-raster

Would this have any (negative) effect on the print quality?

Thanks,
Stefan