[CRIT] STR #1285: PS-Files generated by windowshave trailing ^M

Stefan Hildenbrand stefan.hildenbrand at uni-bayreuth.de
Fri Oct 7 00:58:52 PDT 2005

Hi there,

> [...] if it really is a HP 4200 DTN, is a printer that speask PostScript level 3 [...] there is no need whatsoever to use things like pstoraster [...]

I am aware of this fact, however, since printing without the pstoraster fails I have to have a workaround

> [...] get the latest cupsaddsmb [...]

I do have this version and used it to add printers!

> [...] sufficient diagnostic info [...] debug2 [...].

I posted three (error) files:
 - http://www.staff.uni-bayreuth.de/~btat09/original_ppd
 - http://www.staff.uni-bayreuth.de/~btat09/modmcups_ppd
 - http://www.staff.uni-bayreuth.de/~btat09/modocups_ppd

 the first one is using an original ppd-file by hp
 the second one is using a slightly modified ppd, including four cups-
 statements, one of them being the directive to use the rasterizer
 the third one is also the modified ppd, this time without the
 rasterizer-directive (therefore only pstops will be used)

 the first one and the third one won't print (ps-error), only the second
 one (with the rasterizer) works.

I could not find any problems in the errorfiles. These test have been carried out on a second (testing) cups&samba server, as our "real" cups server works well with the rasterizer.

Stefan