prints raw postscript after custom driver

bhando at shaw.ca bhando at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 7 20:09:14 PDT 2005

Hi Everybody,

I have a slackware 10.0 box printing to a okidata ml590 dot matrix hanging off my windows 2000 box. I am using cups 1.1.20

Everything prints fine(meaning the test page) using the base install of slackware and choosing the oki 24pin etc etc.

Heres where the problems start. I need to make a custom driver for the oki in order to support the halfletter papersize.

I downloaded the ddk compiled, and installed it.

Next I used the ppdi command to import my existing oki driver. Now as a test without doing anything else, I run the ppdc on this new file.

I set up a printer with this new driver and print the test page.

Now all I get is the raw postscript dumping out to the page.

Any ideas/direction would be greatly appreciated

Barrie