Minolta 2300w does not printing copies

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Oct 14 06:16:41 PDT 2005

york.heinrich at asta-picca.de wrote:

> The printer Minolta 2300w is installed as RAW printer on LPT1.
> One copy of a document is printing but i set 2 copies from this document and the printer prints 1 copy and shutup.
> I have to restart the printer with Power off/on.
> When the printer is installed on a Windowsclient to LPT1 it don't becomes any errors.
> What does CUPS with the PRINTJOBS on the RAW printers ???? I think that CUPS manipulate the printjob.
> Please can somebody give a helping hand to me?

The copies attribute is handled by the pstops filter of CUPS. Thus, if you use raw printing, the
print job *must* already be configured to print the requested number of copies.

Be aware that there are some printer dependent quirks: if the printer's PPD specifies the printer
cannot do collated copies, raw printing may fail.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung