{admin_uri} substitution

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Sep 8 02:23:07 PDT 2005

> Anonymous wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have CUPS 1.1.23 (as of Debian testing).
> >
> > My ACL for <Location /admin> is:
> > | Order Deny,Allow
> > | Deny From All
> > | Allow From 127.0.0.1
> > +------------------
> >
> > I experience the following problem when I open [http://localhost:631/printers] to make 'administrative task':
> >

> Does the hostname match the ServerName on your system?
>
> The ippRewriteURL() function in the CGI library does its best to
> determine if a given printer is local or not.  If the hostname doesn't
> match the ServerName in cupsd.conf, then it assumes the printer is
> remote...

I'd say, yes:
------------------/etc/cups/cupsd.conf----------------
ServerName model.home.waw.pl
anonymous at model:~$ hostname
model
anonymous at model:~$ dnsdomainname
home.waw.pl
anonyous at model:~$ host model
model.home.waw.pl has address 192.168.1.19
Although you want find this in the globap *.pl DNS - I mock the domain with my internal DNS (on 192.168...). Still, as you can see, locally it's all consistant.

If so, what would you need to know from my configuration to help me identify where exactly (or why) cupsd (or ippRewriteURL()) get it wrong?