[cups.development] planned release of cups 1.2

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Sep 22 10:21:54 PDT 2005

Jonas Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
> we are going to migrate our department from LPRng to CUPS very soon and
> tested quite a lot with CUPS v. 1.1.23-10 on debian. Most things
> work quite well so far.
>
> Reading on the mailing-lists I saw that some new features and bug-fixes
> will come with version 1.2, so I wondered if the release is near,
> because then I would possibly wait before switching all clients to CUPS
> now.

Right now it looks like 1.2 beta releases will start next month.  We
are pretty much in the wrap-up phase of 1.2 development - the only
remaining major bits left to commit from our private repos are to
add the I18N wrapping of all command-line output, the rest of the
notification stuff, some I18N and custom options for PPDs, and the
last of the browse protocol changes.

We also have some performance-tuning, documentation, OSX changes, and
bug fixes to finish up, but those can happen after the beta test
period starts.