Interesting about Unsuccessful "make"

Alvaro alvaro at udel.edu
Sun Apr 9 11:55:33 PDT 2006

> it looks like you need a version of libtool that's universal-binary aware.

I have never looked at what version of libtool my system is using, nor have I ever attempted to update it or change it. All I know is that my system does have a version at /usr/bin/libtool. I guess it's the one that comes by default with MAC OSX v10.4.5, isn't it? How could I know?

Anyhow, if it needs to be updated, where do you recommend that I look for another version of libtool that will allow me to compile CUPS? An initial google search led me to http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/, do you think that one might work?

And one last question: when I get the libtool version that is needed, do I just replace the existing one with the new one? Do I overwrite the older version?

Thanks for all the help,

Alvaro.