[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1566: Web interface does not work with spaces in manufacturer name - Konica Minolta

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sat Apr 15 05:58:51 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I have connected a Konica Minolta C450 to the USB of my box with a recen
Subversion revision of CUPS 1.2: rev5390.

The ID of the printer is:

MFG:KONICA
MINOLTA;CMD:PS,Postscript,PCL;MDL:C450/C450P;CLASS:PRINTER;COMMENT:KONICA
MINOLTA C450/C450P;ACTIVE COMMAND SET:;

The manufacturer-supplied PPD file for this printer I have copied to
/usr/share/cups/model and it passes cupstestppd.

When I click on the administration tab in the web interface I get the
message that a new Konica Minolta C450 was added to the USB. When clicking
on "Add this printer" I get a screen like in the attached screenshot. The
PPD file list is empty. I can only proceed by manually providing a PPD
file.

The USB URI for this printer is (from "lpinfo -v":

usb://KONICA/MINOLTA%20C450/C450P

It should be

usb://KONICA%20MINOLTA/C450_C450P

with the space in the manufacturer name taken care of and the slash in the
model name removed.

But though the URI is not correctly built, printing after supplying the
PPD manually works.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1566
Version: 1.2-current