[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1605: attributes-natural-language not sent (locale issue?)

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Wed Apr 26 13:03:07 PDT 2006

[STR New]

>From 1.2rc3 through current svn, and possibly before that, CUPS client
software (like lp) is not sending attributes-natural-language to my CUPS
1.1 server (Debian unstable), which is responding with bad-request.
Tested with a custom python ipp implementation (from here:
http://www.daa.com.au/~james/files/ipplib.py ) and it works fine until I
comment out the line that adds attributes-natural-language to the request.
 That gives the same results as printing with lp.  It looks like the value
of attributes-natural-language is supposed to be gotten from the locale,
but I couldn't find exactly where - I played with various locale settings
with no results.  See
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+bug/41593/+index for
everything I know about the problem.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1605