[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #1612: Default build is inaccessible from firefox browser

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 28 06:42:09 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I'm a "build it all from source" guy, running a reasonably standard build
of firefox-1.5.0.2 on linux - I've got openssl, but it's anybody's guess
what firefox uses for https.  The configure script correctly detected that
I had (only) openssl, but when I tried to access the admin menu I got an
error messag from firefox that it had no common encription algorithms with
  the cups server so I couldn't add a printer.

 Rebuilding with --disable-openssl works nicely for http access, but it
would be good to know what dependencies are required to make https access
work, so I guess this seems to be a shortcoming in the documentation -
unless I missed it.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1612
Version: 1.2rc3