[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1626: Web Interface checkboxes not working as advertised

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sat Apr 29 19:37:04 PDT 2006

[STR New]

The web interface now sports 4 easily accessibly checkboxes that are
supposed to switch on or off some key options:

     [x]  Show printers shared by other systems
     [ ]  Share published printers connected to this system
     [ ]  Allow remote administration
     [x]  Allow users to cancel any job (not just their own)
     [x]  Save debugging information for troubleshooting

However, I found that this function does sometime yield unexpected
results. If I start up cupsd with a config file that displays itself like
the above example, a simple clicking (i.e. with none of the settings
changed) the "Change Settings" link will

  a) ask for a password
  b) and change the setting to now look like

     [ ]  Show printers shared by other systems
     [ ]  Share published printers connected to this system
     [ ]  Allow remote administration
     [ ]  Allow users to cancel any job (not just their own)
     [x]  Save debugging information for troubleshooting

Also, item a) above is happening unexpectedly, since my original
cupsd.conf file has this section:

  <Policy default>
    <Limit All>
      AuthType None
      Order Deny,Allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from 127.0.0.1
      Satisfy Any
    </Limit>
  </Policy>

which should normally not lead to any authentication asked because
<Location /admin> and <Location /admin/conf> dont have any policy of their
own defined.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1626
Version: 1.2rc3