[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #1637: "What's New in CUPS 1.2?" does not mention the snmp backend

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sun Apr 30 06:54:13 PDT 2006

[STR New]

The snmp backend should be mentioned in "What's New in CUPS 1.2?"

-----------

Also, it is not entirely clear to me under which conditions exactly its
discoveries are getting displayed in the web interface. I'll find out more
through experimenting -- but then I do not know if that does match the
intended conditions or not.

2 preliminary results from my experiments:

1. all discovered network printers are automatically listed in the
   web interface if I use this cupsd.conf (snippet):

       <Policy default>
         <Limit All>
           Order Deny,Allow
           Deny from all
           Allow from 127.0.0.1
       </Limit>
     </Policy>

   and then launch http://localhost:631/admin

2. auto-discovery results never show up if I start the web based printer
   installer wizard via http://localhost:631/admin?op=add-printer
   (whatever the cupsd.conf configuration is).

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1637
Version: 1.2rc3
Fix Version: 1.2rc3 (r5470)