KDE3.5.3 and CUPS1.2.x

rk at wrpkap.net rk at wrpkap.net
Sun Aug 6 15:46:19 PDT 2006

Ihave read both the cups material and many posts on the INTERNET about a printing situation with CUPS1.2.x and KDE3.5.3. Please direct me to any materials that will help me solve this problem. My OS is FreeBSD6.1. After a hiatus of six weeks, I carried out a port update and then a portupgrade to find that after each had completed, I no longer could print with KDE. I then started to read cups.org materials and any INTERNET diatribe aout the localhost:631 server not found message.

If you have a template or any words of wisdom for the new 1.2.x cupsd.conf file configuration for KDE3.5.3, I would appreciate your direction.

Randy Powell