[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1918: Not Directing to an another page...

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Aug 18 04:58:48 PDT 2006

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

The web interface does not use AJAX or any other client-side technologies
that would allow the web page to just be refreshed. Instead, we rely on
universally-supported redirection after the POST that initiates the
printer operation - you get a confirmation message, followed by
redirection back to the printer status page.

Given that we have a hard requirement to *not* depend on client-side
scripting support and to support text mode browsers and general
accessibility, we can't change the current behavior, sorry.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1918
Version:  -feature
Fix Version: Will Not Fix