[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1939: pstops: Option propagation from PostScript

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Aug 28 08:17:24 PDT 2006

Anders Blomdell wrote:
> Michael Sweet wrote:
>> [STR New]
>>
>> Dupe of STR #1839, which was just closed with the fix...
>>
>> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1939
>> Version: 1.2.2
>> Fix Version: 1.3-current
>>

> Please consider this point in my patch: If a job is moved to a printer
> with different PostScript code to fulfill a certain Feature, my patch
> should insert the correct Feature code, while the 1839 patch will retain
> the old Feature code.

That would fall under the heading of a new feature, and one we need
to test some more - the way you have implemented it might not work
with all printers.  The addition of the non-standard
"%%DeferredFeature" comment and interactions with different features
(i.e. conflicts) need to be dealt with properly, and there are other
non-trivial changes we need to handle such as features that are
implemented as JCL commands instead of PostScript...