device /dev/null

Andrea Lorenz lorenz at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 30 06:06:36 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have been using cups for several years.
Today I have updated my systems from cups-1.1.23 to cups-1.2.2. I have two cups servers which provide the printers for several clients.
If I use the command lpstat -v on the clients I get output like this:
device for swprinter: ///dev/null .
If I use only one cups server or cups 1.1.23 everything works as expected. Then lpstat -v shows a line with a correct ipp adress.

What is wrong. Is this a bug or have I set a new parameter in the cups configuration? I read the manul page for cupsd.conf but could not find a solution.

Thank you,
Andrea