[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2134: lppasswd enforces password policy

Brian Buchanan brianbuchanan at interfast.ca
Sat Dec 2 04:59:37 PST 2006

lppasswd is enforcing a password policy of a minimum of 6 characters, must
not be username and must contain 1 letter and 1 number.

Our security policy should not be dictated by a utility.  If we want a
fully alpabetic password, then we should be able to implement that policy.

If we want to set a weak password that equals the username, then that's
our risk, it's not lppasswd's problem to solve.

Thanks.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2134
Version:  -feature