[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2142: please implement BrowseBind or similar option

Alexey Toptygin alexeyt at freeshell.org
Mon Dec 11 04:19:40 PST 2006

You can use Listen to bind the CUPS TCP socket to a particular IP address,
and I think you should also be able to do this for UDP. I realize this
would disable broadcast reception, and there should be a warning about
this in the documentation, but this is still usefull in some cases (for
example if your other CUPS hosts have BrowseAddress entries for this one,
and you want it to only see some specific printer advertisements, not
everything on the network). BrowseListen or BrowseBind seem like good
choices for the option name. If you can wait a few months, I may try to do
this myself and submit a patch.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2142
Version:  -feature