[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2151: snmp backend could prefix "Officejet" devices with "HP "

twaugh.redhat twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 10:03:42 PST 2006

I've seen the following output from the snmp backend when on the same
network as a JetDirect-attached HP OfficeJet 7310:

network socket://192.168.0.4 "Officejet 7300 series" "Officejet 7300
series 192.168.0.4" ""

It would be more useful from the point of view of automatically
configuring queues if it could detect the manufacturer as well.

For 'Officejet' devices, this is an HP line so perhaps the snmp backend
could prefix with "HP ". (Or perhaps there's an OID we aren't using?)