[cups.development] Duplex and Tumble issue, bad colors

Aurélien Croc aurelien at ap2c.org
Thu Dec 14 16:06:19 PST 2006

Hi,
I'm the main developer of the QPDL (SPL2, SPLc) driver (for most of the
Samsung ans several Xerox and Dell printers).

I recently added the support of the color printers. To do my job, i use this
configuration:
*ColorModel CMYK/Color: "<</cupsColorSpace 6/cupsColorOrder 1/cupsCompression
17>>setpagedevice"

This QPDL language is just a compressed bitmap language. Some of the users
report to me some troubles with colours in particular during the print of
pictures.
I'm pretty sure that there is some troubles during the conversion of colours
with ghostscript..

Another important thing is about the Duplex and Tumble support. I use
the "Duplex normal" comand in the driver file which generate a good code for
Duplex support in PPD files. Unfortunately, the fields Duplex and Tumble in
the raster header are always set to 0...
I don't understand what's wrong with it.

--
M. Aurélien Croc
Projet AP²C - http://www.ap2c.org