[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2168: cups server export wrong DEVICE_URI

Sergey Morozov smoroz at itep.ru
Wed Dec 20 05:24:00 PST 2006

I have a network printer which is connected to cups server (10.0.0.1) via
socket interface. Here it is my printer.conf file

<DefaultPrinter lp>
Info HP LaserJet 2200dt
Location Room 419
DeviceURI socket://printer:9100
State Idle
StateTime 1166536674
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>

But this printer is seen by other machines in the net with a following
DEVICE_URI:

remote_machine:/etc/cups# lpstat -t
scheduler is running
system default destination: lp
device for lp: ipp://10.0.0.1:0/printers/lp

As you can see the port number is WRONG. In this case I can print nothing
from remote_machine. The error message is the following:

printer lp is idle.  enabled since Tue 19 Dec 2006 05:24:22 PM MSK
        Network host '10.0.0.1' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds...

I have manually added a following line to printer.conf on a
remote_machine:

</Printer>
<Printer lp-hack>
Info Raw printer
Location ITEP 419
DeviceURI ipp://10.0.0.1:631/printers/lp
</Printer>

And after that it works!