[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2172: Only first of multiple-lp(1)/lpr(1) printed files shows in web Jobs list

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Dec 21 07:04:24 PST 2006

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

The name shown in the job listing is the title of the job - the default
title is the base name of the first file you submit, just as with the old
LP and LPR/LPD print spoolers.

Currently there is no way for us to track multiple document names in a job
(IPP limitation), so I don't see how we'll be able to "fix" this without
breaking conforming IPP implementations or adding yet another attribute
that will be difficult to manage.

So, sorry, but for now we won't be doing anything about this. If you want
to submit a feature request with a patch that implements the necessary
changes to track and display the individual job filenames, we'll be happy
to consider adding it to CUPS.

Fix Version: Will Not Fix