[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1421: Web Interface: "Set Printer Options" gives always "Permission Denied"

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Tue Feb 14 12:53:32 PST 2006

[STR New]

If I go into the "Printers" section and go to a locally defined printer,
all function buttons for the printer ("Stop Printer", "Modify Printer",
"Unpublish Printer", ...) work correctly when I log in as root when asked
for (before the first action). Independent of this the "Set Printer
Options" button never works. It gives always "Permission denied".

I have allowed to do printer administration from all machines in "@LOCAL"
and both in a browser on the server itself (http;//localhost:631/) and on
a remote machine (http://<server name>:631/) the behaviour is the same.

The cupsd.conf is attached. Perhaps the appropriate task in the Policy
section is missing.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1421
Version: 1.2-current