[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1407: Cups does not accept data send with Expect: 100-continue header

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Feb 22 08:42:57 PST 2006

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

Fixed in Subversion repository.

In addition to support in the scheduler, I added a httpSetExpect()
function and use this in cupsDoFileRequest() and cupsPutFd().

FWIW, Expect: was added very late in the HTTP/1.1 definition, so the
original RFC 2068 spec that CUPS 1.1 and earlier were based on didn't
support it...  RFC 2616 specifically states this and that conforming
HTTP/1.1 clients should not wait indefinitely for the 100-continue
response or treat any other valid response as an error.

The strategy we are using in CUPS 1.2 is to send the Expect header but
only wait 1 second for the 100-continue response. If we don't get a
response, we continue as if we got the response...

Fix Version: 1.2-current (r5147)