[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1441: Plain text prints very wide characters on HP DeskJet 694C

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Sat Feb 25 07:37:00 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:17:06PM -0500, Michael Sweet wrote:

> [STR Active]
>
> The CUPS sample driver does not make use of the internal fonts on the
> DeskJet. How are you printing the plain text files?
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1441
> Version: 1.1.23

I simply run

  lpr some_ascii_text_file.txt

or

  enscript some_ascii_text_file.txt

I also tried "Postscript Print Buffer (B+W)" in Emacs.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the OS.  It's Fedora Core 4, regularly
updated by yum.  Also FWIW, I just pulled the HP DJ 694C out of
retirement after giving my HP OfficeJet T65 to someone else.  The
latter worked perfectly.

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
The best things in life aren't things.