[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1446: some HPUX specific compile problems

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Mon Feb 27 05:14:21 PST 2006

[STR New]

Compiled the weekly Snapshot 1.2svn r5137 on HPUX 11.11 (PA-RISC 2.0) gcc
3.4.4 and HPUX 11.23 (Itanium 2) gcc 4.0.2. During this I found a couple
of problems which are HPUX specific.

*) ld on HPUX 11.11 needs -lpthread instead of -pthread
(seems that configure has a little problem to detect this)
HPUX 11.23 has no problem with that.

*) select.h does not exist on versions older than HPUX 11v2, instead there
should be used time.h for better compatibility. (Maybe it will also help
on some True64 systems)

*) It seems there is a typing error in auth.c (changing "auth_datat" to
"auth_data" solves this bug).

*) log.c should include syslog.h for LOG_ERR definition.

*) on HPUX you should use setresuid instead of seteuid
(I adopt this from Hylafax, but a "#define seteuid(e) setresuid(-1,e,-1)"
should do the same)

I attached a patch, so you can easier reconstruct what I did.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1446
Version: 1.2-current