niversal binary for Mac OS X?

anonymous yliu0131 at brockport.edu
Mon Feb 27 14:12:21 PST 2006

I want to build rastertoprinter driver in universal binary for Mac OS X.

I checked DDK's ./configure file, and found the following session:

if test "x$uname" = xDarwin; then
    if test 'uname -m` = x86; then
        # build universal binaries for OSX on Intel...
        OPTIM="-arch i386 -arch ppc $OPTIM"
    fi
fi

Running "uname -m" on Intel based Mac OS X returns "i386" not "x86"

After I fixed that part (   if test 'uname -m` = i386; then ) and run "make"

Some warning message:

/usr/bin/ld: waring suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding may result
in errors or different symbols being used.

Does it mean CUPS DDK is not generating universal binary? (OPTIM is also
part of LDFLAGS in Makedefs)