PCL Driver

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Jan 5 19:59:25 PST 2006

> Anonymous wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am developing a PCL driver usring cups ddk. How do implement the
> > features like scaling and halftoning.
> >
> >      I need to provide these options in the CUPS web interface.
> > The scaling option should be in percentage. And halftoning
> > would be 1. Patterned grays,
> >          2. Diffused Grays and
> >          3. Solid Black and white.
> > What are the thing that are needed to be done to provide these options
> > in the web interface.
>
> They need to be options in the PPD file, and then they'll show up
> in the web interface (and any other interface that uses the PPD file)
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

Thanks for the help but what i need to know is where should i imple ment these features, is it the rastertopclx filter or somewhere else
Scaling, negative printing and haftone options dont work by only providing them in the PPD file.
also "lp -o scaling=<percent> <filename>" doesent work how do i make it work.

Regards
Anon