Compile CUPS 1.1.23 on Mac OS X 10.4.3 with Xcode 2

anonymous yliu0131 at brockport.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:34:20 PST 2006

"Michael Sweet" <mike at easysw.com> wrote in message
news:2382-cups.development at news.easysw.com...
> anonymous wrote:
>> I'm a newbie on Mac development and I justed installed xcode 2 (gcc
>> 4.0.0) and the source for cups 1.1.23 on a Mac OS X 10.4.3.
>>
>> After > ./configure
>> Whilie I'm running > make
>>
>> it gives me Errror
>> Linking lipcupsimage.2.dylib...
>> /usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for -lcc-dynamic
>> /usr/lib/libtool: file: -lcc_dynamic is not an object file (not allowed
>> in a library)
>> make[1]: *** [libcupsimage.2.dylib] Error 1
>>

>> Any clues? I want to write a rastertoprinter driver for Mac, but how to
>> make Mac compile CUPS?
>
> You don't need to - Xcode includes all of the necessary headers, etc.
>
> --

I don't need to recompile CUPS?
I just want to build my driver based on rastertohp and save the hazzard of
locating all the header files and build a Makefile.

I upgraded to X-Code 2.1, and got the same error while compiling CUPS.
gcc rastertohp.c will not work, Cannot find <cups/string.h>

Please help. thanks