STR troubles [was: Re: [cups.bugs] Patch for GNU/kFreeBSD support]

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 18 06:35:41 PST 2006

Hi Michael!

Michael Sweet [2006-01-18  8:26 -0500]:
> Martin Pitt wrote:
> >Hi Cups developers!
> >
> >In Debian we use a patch to support building cupsys on a FreeBSD
> >kernel (GNU/kFreeBSD project). See http://bugs.debian.org/338266 for
> >details.
> >
> >It just fixes some #ifdefs and cups-directories.m4 (and also contains
> >the resulting configure change), so it is trivial enough as a patch.
> >However, it could interest other distros, too.
> >
> >Do you consider adopting this upstream?
>
> Please file this as a STR at:
>
>     http://www.cups.org/str.php
>
> That way we can properly track this and validate the patch...

I will try to. The STR just doesn't play well with my ISP's
(transparent, forced) proxy; regardless of how often I try to log in,
it always forgets credentials and I cannot file an STR (besides the
form always forgets the previous input, so every attempt takes very
long). The STR doesn't work with lynx or links either, so I can't even
use a remote ssh account. :(

Is there any way to file an STR with an email?

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?