[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #1813: CUPS_GET_CLASSES IPP request returns printer URIs

Stephane Peter speter at codehost.com
Mon Jul 3 08:44:06 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I have noticed this behavior while testing on Fedora Core 5 with CUPS 1.2.
1 installed.

When enumerating the classes on the system with a CUPS_GET_CLASSES
request, the URIs returned for each class are of the form
ipp://host:port/printers/CLASS. However, this URI form is incorrect for
some other IPP requests that are now failing (and expect a
ipp://host:port/classes/CLASS URI), such as CUPS_ADD_CLASS. CUPS 1.1 used
to be more tolerant, and this requires me to change some of my IPP code
that deals with classes, to reformat the URIs properly, when these URIs
came directly from the scheduler itself.

I believe it is a bug that should be addressed for internal consistency.