firewire: epson r1800 ???

helices helices at helices.org
Tue Jul 11 06:19:02 PDT 2006

> helices wrote:
> > Please, help me to get the subject printer working with firewire.
>
> Short answer: ain't gonna happen on Linux, not unless someone
> revisits the current ieee1394 backend code and updates the kernel
> and libraw1394 interfaces to support the transfer modes required
> by the PWG protocol used by the R1800's Firewire interface...
<snip />

I have gone here:
    <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=libraw1394&archive=no&version=&dist=unstable>

and, I know that there are NO bugs reported.

I am totally new to firewire; and I do NOT pretend to understand these
issues.  I will be happy to participate on any level to facilitate a
better firewire infrastructure under Linux.

Please, help me understand the issues between firewire and Linux.  Perhaps, I can facilitate the changes required to overcome these obstacles.

What do you think?

Best Regards,

helices
877.596.8237