[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1836: admin.cgi hangs or "crashed on signal 9!"

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Wed Jul 12 08:00:13 PDT 2006

John A. Murdie <john at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote (Wednesday 12 July 2006 13:06):

> The only non-standard things I've done with the new
> installation, I think is to change etc/cupsd.conf thus:

[....]
> < # Only listen for connections from the local machine.
> < Listen localhost:631
> ---
>> # Listen
>> Listen 631

That's not right! Use either one of

   Listen *:631

or

   Port 631

(but not both), they're equivalent. The "Listen" directive requires
a colon before the port, and another "something" before the colon.
Examples:

   Listen  *:631
   Listen  localhost:631
   Listen  127.0.0.1:631
   Listen  10.162.*:631

You can have multiple "Listen" lines (as long as their content does
not overlap), but only 1 "Port" line without any additional "Listen"
(if you use "Port" at all).

[Not sure if "Listen" is tolerant to your way of writing the line --
it certainly is against the documentation. Also not sure if that
config error could be causing your admin.cgi crash...]

Cheers,
Kurt