[cups.bugs] Re: [HIGH] STR #1850: GS using 800MB of VSZ memory for a 15KB eps file

Thomas Heiserowski th.heiserowski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 17:37:47 PDT 2006

Thanks for putting me on CC.

> The given sample file did not swap on my box with eps2eps -
> My machine has only 192MB ram and 240MB swap, and with seamonkey
> etc running, gs would have at most 50MB ram to use before
> swapping.

I can now reproduce segfaults of ps2pdf14. Is there any way to give
you more debugging information?

The segfaults happen when I use files (EPS and PS) that came from the
same PDF files. I tried something new:

1a) PDF to PS using Adobe Acrobat 6
1b) PDF to EPS using Adobe Acrobat 6
2) PS to EPS using AFPL Ghostscript 8.54 under Windows

All those files (1xPS and 2xEPS) produce segfaults using ps2pdf14 when
included in LaTeX.

I then took the PDF files and converted them again under Linux using
"pdftops -level2 -eps". Using these, ps2pdf14 does not segfault (as at
now).

Is there a possibility that the segfaults occur because I compiled EPS
GS myself?

--
http://krapplack.de/