[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1862: Won't accept root login

Avi pokerbubbles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 05:15:12 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I don't know if it's a lack of knowledge or a real problem, but whatever it
is, it's bugging me.

I'm trying to get my brother mfc-5440cn to work with my computer (ubuntu
linux). I've installed the driver and ubuntu detects the printer, however
I can't get it to show up on the printer list (if that makes any sense).

I went through the steps on the site to add a printer, and when it asked
me to input my username and password, I tried my machine's root, my
account, and a cups account I created. Nothing worked. I tried them all
multiple times.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1862
Version: 1.3-current