[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1860: Problems with CGI error pipe

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 10:21:23 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Umm, I now have this error with 1.2.2 compiled from source on a Sun E450
with Solaris 8 - see also Ralf Gross' comments in the cups.general forum -
articles 8653 and 8654, Jun 02 2006, titled "Bad Listen address..cups.sock
+ error reading from CGI error pipe".

Jobs I submit from the command line now vanish - nothing appears in any
error log file except the "cupsdUpdateCGI: error reading from CGI error
pipe" message.

I restarted the scheduler, and all is well again. I think the priority of
this bug report should be higher than '2 - Low'; I wouldn't want this to
happen to a production system that I ran.

John A. Murdie

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1860
Version: 1.2-current