[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1741: Cups 1.2.1: still some problems with --enable-32bit --enable-64bit

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski herton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 15:39:18 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I submitted a patch to the bugs forum days ago but did not follow/read the
forum after, and not saw the request to post the patch about
--enable-32bit --enable-64bit here... so sorry for that, but now upgrading
to 1.2.1 I saw that the issue was addressed, but unfortunately there are
still problems: the fix that was made into cups 1.2.1 has a typo, and
doesn't install correctly, creating a wrong symlink libcups.so.2 that
overwrites the original library and points to libcups.so, so
/usr/lib/libcups.so.2 (32 bits on 64 bits arch) or /usr/lib64/libcups.so.2
(64 bits on 32 bits arch) are bogus symlinks pointing to libcups.so.

I made a patch that I'm attaching here fixing all these remaining issues.