[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1756: USB backend fails on Solaris 10

William Yang wyang at tjhsst.edu
Wed Jun 7 06:12:02 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I'm not sure that this problem is actually printer or OS-specific since I
don't have another machine with a different OS to use for testing, nor do
I have another USB printer to work with.  I am using Solaris 10 (1/06
release) SPARC on a Sun Blade 150.  The printer is an HP Color LaserJet
3800.  This printer works when I use 1.1.23, but if I run 1.2.1 and send a
print job, the usb backend ("usb") chews up 100% CPU without printing, and
I end up having to kill it.  I am sure this is not an ESP GS or Foomatic
problem.  The USB backend is running as user "lp".